Saturday, March 29, 2008

*singing the finishing song*


Bali Bugs is completed. Isn't that something? I started this wallhanging 10 years ago to enter in a KHQS challenge. I have a really bad habit of designing and starting challenge quilts that somehow never make it into the challenges they were intended for. My other quilting goals for this year are also quilts designed for past challenges. But, at last, it is done and bound and just needs a label.







This week I also finished a UFO that I inherited from my mother (she's getting really good at that donate-and-upgrade thing). I finished the Bug Jars wallhanging on Sunday and left it with Mom. She works at our local library, and the theme for the Summer Reading program is Bugs. So this will be on display for the entire summer...I hope nobody looks at it too closely.



I finished the purple tunic as well. Now that really surprised me, because I wasn't planning on finishing it until April. Somehow, I ended up in a knitting time warp, which is the opposite of a knitting black hole. During a knitting time warp, you feel like you've spent very little time on a project, but it lengthens at a geometric rate. And so, the 8" of ribbing for the sides/hood and the 3" of ribbing at the bottom flew by.



What else, you might ask? A hat. Specifically, Tychus. Oh, and a second version of the Smackdown hat that I'm keeping for myself. Plus I've got the 6" of ribbing ready for round 2...because I wasn't eliminated! Woo-hoo!! Now I'm just sitting here, twiddling my thumbs, waiting for the next round to be announced. I'm going to get started on cutting out the pieces for The Lost Sister background. It was originally designed for MAQS's 2005 Seven Sisters New Quilts from an Old Favorite challenge.

1 comment:

cynthia said...

Wow, three finishes!!! Bali Bugs turned out cute. I can't wait to see the purple tunic in person. I'm so proud of you!