Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fighting the disease...

And I may be winning...not the war, but the battle. I have successfully not cast on any new knitting projects, and have, in fact, been working on the purple tunic. Seamed it up, picked up and knitted the back of the hood, and am now working on the ribbing around the front edges. I'm amazed at how fast it's working up...the thing may get done by my goal date (April 5th). UFOitis, you shall not defeat me!!!

And I finished quilting Bali Bugs!! That felt really good...I finished quilting Bali Bugs!! Yup, still just as good. It's packed up and ready to head to Mom's this weekend. Unfortunately, I left the binding there. Which isn't a bad thing, since Mom's setup and sewing room is so very much better than mine. I'll stitch down the front of the binding while I'm there, then work on sewing the back down by hand once I get back here. I'll take pictures and post them from there (since I don't have a digital camera yet).

Tomorrow starts Yarn Smackdown. I'm competing against a very nice lady in North Carolina. I must knit, mail, and have a hat delivered to her before she does the same to me. It's going to be interesting. Pattern is released at 4pm tomorrow...and I won't get off work until 8pm, maybe 7:30 if I'm lucky. Yup, it's going to be an all-nighter. I've already invited Boredom Yoda and the Bitter Knitter to come over and laugh.

Well, I'm off to bed. Must rest up so I'm not completely buggered tomorrow night.

No comments: