Sunday, March 9, 2008

Let the blocking commence...

After a cold and snowy weekend indoors, I have finally decided to break down and make the jump into full-fledged blogdom. Why? Why not. Should someone happen to come across my ramblings and smile, then my day has been complete.

The weekend has been slightly productive, however. I have managed to get two, yes, two projects to the point of blocking. Which puts me into a bit of a conundrum...how on Earth do I block something? I've never blocked any of the scarfs I've knitted (though there is one that I should, but alas, I am hesitant). Do I have to soak the thing in water? Or just spritz it with water? Spread it out on carpet and stab it with pins? Perhaps I should call in reinforcements. Yes, that's it. Time to call the reinforcements.

No, wait. The reinforcements just called me. Apparently large quantities of snow creates cabin fever in my dear friend, Boredom Yoda. Onward to blocking!!


Update: Boredom Yoda states blocking sucks. In future, will attempt to commandeer help with blocking from the Bitter Knitter.

No comments: