Thursday, March 20, 2008

Recovering...

Well, I did it. I survived my first all-knighter.

I had an absolutely fantastic crew last night, managed to leave work right at 8. Got a voicemail from Boredom Yoda, who joined me while she worked on thesis stuff. Printed pattern for Smackdown, cast on, and off I went.

We watched some tv while I knitted and she thesised. We put in Buffy Season 2 while I knitted and she thesised. She gave up the ghost, watched Buffy, and I knitted.

I knitted until approximately 1:38 am this morning. But the hat was finished. The only photographic proof I have that hat exists is on my phone, and sadly, I have no bloody clue how to get it off there.

By the way, Yarn Smackdown 2008 is a group on Ravelry. We're competing against eachother (and our respective Post Offices) to see who can knit a hat and eliminate their opponent first. Think NCAA tourney meets local yarn store.

So my hat is finished, and I dropped it in the post on the way to work today. And now I'm recovering. I haven't stayed up that late for a very long time. I can still feel the effects of excess caffeine in my system (I've been gittery all day, and quite frankly, I'm not sure if my heart is going to recover completely). But more importantly, I hurt. Yes, my hands and wrists are killing me. As they should be, since I just finished a 5 hour marathon knitting session, and then worked (where I had to lift lots of stuff). And as tired as I am, I think I'm too doped on caffeine to sleep. I did not prepare properly for this. Before the next round, if I'm not slain by hat, I'm going to stock up on these.

2 comments:

sunt_lacrimae_rerum said...

Several days later, I still have my "yarn hangover". This was my first all-nighter of this century. I watched TV also but nothing as great as Buffy.

Good luck. Maybe we will square off soon.

Stephanie said...

I tried to stay up late, but I made it only until 1230am. My opponent and I mailed hats to eachother almost at the same time, but I got hers first. Crap. I guess we postmen in the South like to do things slowly...