Thursday, March 13, 2008

In the pursuit of craftiness...

I've been rather productive today. Granted, today's advance on the mound of unfinished craft projects bunkered down in my home is merely a glancing blow, but I'm quite proud of myself.

Bali Bugs is very close to being completely quilted. I'm doing it by machine with invisible thread, and it's going surprisingly fast. Which is really, really good, since it's my goal for March. With luck and 3-5 more hours, it'll be ready to bind by next weekend. I also blocked my purple knitted tunic today, finished the sashing on a flower garden block and got started on another. Organized a bit, and even went for a walk.

And throughout the day, regardless of what I was doing, all I could think about was casting on a new knitting project (note: the purple tunic isn't done. Once it's dry, I have to seam the thing and then knit the hood, 8" of ribbing around the hood and down the front panels, and ribbing around the bottom of the thing).

My mother passed her disease to me. I'm not sure if UFOitis is genetic or contagious, but she gave it to me nonetheless. Combating said disease is very difficult, as I'm sure any other victim will tell you. I've got to start aggressive therapy now, or the projects will stage a coupe and I will be forced out of my home by a pile of half-finished quilts and mounds of yarn. My first tactic in this battle: No more than one knitting project on the needles at a time.

But that hat would be a really fast knit...and the yarn that I've got for these socks is calling my name...*shakes head to disengage yarn fumes*

Must stay focused on the mission. Must not stray from the mission.

No comments: