Thursday, April 10, 2008

Why do I do this to myself?

Yup, I'm at it again. I started another pair of socks. Meet the Harlot Hose:


This is the yarn that I had with me when I met the Yarn Harlot. I've frogged them three times since then, attempting to find a pattern that I enjoyed. I'm not loving them, I gotta tell you. The yarn is a cotton/nylon/acrylic blend, and it's just not that easy to work with. It tends to grip my birch dpns quite well, which means that I have to work to get the stitches to move across the needles. Not loving the colorway, either. Looked a lot better in the skein. Fortunately, the pattern row is occuring at the color changes, making the stripes much more distinctive. If it wasn't for this, I would have ripped back again and tossed the yarn. Once again, I am in the middle of the first sock black hole. Well, not quite the middle, I have turned the heel...*sigh* Maybe I can get it done tonight.


On a happier note, I have advanced to Round 3 of Yarn Smackdown!! Can you even believe it? I couldn't when my opponent posted her death yesterday. I received her hat today (thank you, Tangwystel. It's beautiful). Must find out what yarn she used...and now I've got to select the yarn for my next weapon...I'm thinking purple and blues.



Oh, and in non-knitting news, I finally picked up my vase from Glassworks. I went there way back in February with a friend and did one of their walk-in workshops. The staff is really friendly and helpful, and it's so much fun. I made the small fused glass vase. All I actually did, though, was start with a square of clear glass, and glued on the black dichroic and clear iridescent glass in certain shapes. It's then left with the lovely people there, and they fuse the glass together, then lay it over a mold and "melt" the glass into a vase. It's much prettier in person, and I'm very happy with how it turned out. Can't wait to take another class there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do you do this to yourself? And you are having entirely too much fun with the camera! Festive vase though.
Here's to round 3 of smackdown! You tell all those knitters you have your own personal cheering section. They can't top you with Boredom Yoda cheering you on! :)